CPEC Bus Service Complete Details
A Bus Service for the China-Pak Economic Corridor (CPEC) was officially launched on Saturday. The service, called CPEC Passenger Bus Service (Pakistan-China) will be starting commence from November 3rd.
The trip will be 30-hour long, and the passengers will get to view the beautiful sights of northern Pakistan.
Security cameras have been placed inside the bus to ensure the safety of the passengers.
According to the schedule issued by the authorized operator, the bus service will run four days a week from Lahore to Tashkurgan on the following days:
- Departure from Lahore: Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday
- Departure from Tashkurgan: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
As per its itinerary, passengers can book their seats either from Lahore or Rawalpindi and Islamabad. It offers:
- Premium and luxurious buses
- Comfortable journey
- Better en route services, that include breakfast, lunch, dinner refreshment beverages, tea, and snacks.
- Fast Wi-Fi throughout the journey
Here is the detailed itinerary of the CPEC Passenger Bus Service.
Itinerary: Lahore to Tashkurgan
- Departure: From Lahore: 12:00am
- Stopover1: 04:00am – Islamabad/Rawalpindi (pickup)
- Stopover2: 07:00am – Mansehra (breakfast)
- Stopover3: 01:00pm – Besham (lunch)
- Stopover4: 04:00pm – Chelas (tea)
- Stopover5:08:00pm – Gilgit (dinner)
- Stopover6: 02:0am – Sost (custom, immigration & breakfast)
- Stopover7: 12:00pm – Khunjerab Pass, Pakistan side (checking)
- Stopover8: 12:30pm – Khunjerab Pass, China side (checking)
- Arrival: 03:00pm – Tashkugran County (drop-off)
Itinerary: Tashkurgan to Lahore
- Departure: From Tashkurgan: 11:00am
- Stopover1: 01:00pm – Khunjerab Pass, China side (checking)
- Stopover2: 01:30pm – Khunjerab Pass, Pakistan side (checking)
- Stopover3: 03:00pm – Sost border (custom, immigration & lunch)
- Stopover4: 09:00pm – Gilgit (dinner)
- Stopover5: 01:00am – Chelas (refreshment)
- Stopover6: 06:0am – Besham (breakfast)
- Stopover7: 09:00am – Mansehra (refreshment)
- Stopover8: 12:00pm – Islamabad/Rawalpindi (lunch & drop-off 1)
- Arrival: 07:00pm – Lahore (drop-off 2)
The service informs passengers to book their seats at least a week before the travel. Here is how much CPEC Passenger Bus Service charges for the comfortable journey between the two countries.
- One way ticket from Lahore to Taskurgan – PKR 13000 per seat.
- One way ticket from Tashkurgan to Lahore – RMB600 (equivalent to PKR 11,475 under current exchange rate).
- Return Ticket – PKR23000
Travel Documents Required
So if you are willing to travel to China, be mindful that you can carry a maximum of two pieces of baggage with you that weigh not more than 20kgs or you will be charged for extra luggage. Also, don’t forget keeping the following documents with you.
- Valid Visa
- Original Invitation from China