An American's guide to Pakistan
Pakistan is a vibrant and diverse country in South Asia. As an American, if you are going to visit Pakistan, get ready to explore the diverse culture, picturesque valleys, and spectacular landscapes.
Here is a complete tour guide to help you get started on your journey toward and within Pakistan.
How to Reach there:
- Choose an airport in the United States that has direct flights to Pakistan. Some options include:
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) in New York
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) in Washington D.C.
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) in Houston
- O'Hare International Airport (ORD) in Chicago
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) in Los Angeles
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO) in San Francisco
- Check with various airlines that fly to Pakistan to compare prices and schedules. Some airlines that offer flights to Pakistan from the US include Pakistan International Airlines, Emirates, Qatar Airways, Etihad Airways, and Turkish Airlines.
- Book your flight and make sure to obtain the necessary travel documents, including a valid passport and visa. Check with the embassy of Pakistan in the United States or with your travel agent to ensure that you have all the required documentation
- A round-trip ticket flight from the US to Pakistan can range from around $600 to over $2000.
- Pack appropriately according to the climate and current weather of Pakistan.
- Reach the airport on time for your flight, and make sure to have all the required documentation and identification with you.
US Embassy in Pakistan
The US Embassy in Pakistan is located in Islamabad. It provides a range of consular services including issuing passports, providing travel information, and assisting in emergencies.
If you need to contact the US Embassy in Pakistan, you can contact this number: (+92) 051-201-4000
Find more details on their website at https://pk.usembassy.gov/.
Popular Places for Americans to visit in Pakistan:
There are many places that American visitors can enjoy. Here are some popular destinations in Pakistan:
Islamabad is the capital city of Pakistan and is known for its exquisite architecture, beautiful parks, and heritage museums.
Some top attractions in Islamabad include:
- Margalla Hills
- The Faisal Mosque
- Pakistan Monument
- Lok Virsa Museum
- Rawal Lake
Pakistan Monument, Islamabad
Lahore is often called the cultural capital of Pakistan. The city is known for its vibrant food streets, ancient architecture, and bustling bazaars. Some must-visit attractions in Lahore include:
- The Lahore Fort
- Badshahi Mosque
- The Walled City
- Sheesh Mahal
- Shalimar Gardens
- Jillani Park
Karachi is the largest city in Pakistan and is known for its lovely beaches, street markets, and mouthwatering food.
Some popular tourist destinations in Karachi include:
- Clifton Beach
- Chaukhandi Tombs.
- Merewether Clock Tower
- PAF Museum
- Frere Hall
Clifton Beach, Karachi
Gilgit Baltistan is in Northern Pakistan and is known for its marvelous landscapes, mountainous valleys, stunning glaciers, and rich cultural heritage.
Some popular tourist attractions in Gilgit-Baltistan are:
- Karakoram Highway
- Naltar Valley
- Hunza Valley
- Shandur Pass
- Shangrila Lake
- Deosai Plateaus
- Fairy Meadows
Fairy Meadows, Gilgit-Baltistan
Azad Jammu and Kashmir:
Azad Jammu and Kashmir is also in northern Pakistan. This heaven-like region is known for its beautiful mountains, rivers, and valleys.
Here are some of the popular tourist attractions in Azad Jammu and Kashmir:
- Neelum Valley
- Jhelum Valley
- Red Fort
- Banjosa Lake
- Pir Chinasi
Banjosa Lake, Azad Kashmir
Quetta is the capital city of Balochistan province in Pakistan. It is a famous tourist place because of its stunning natural beauty and rich cultural heritage.
Here are some of the must-visit tourist attractions in Quetta:
- Quaid-e-Azam Residency, Ziarat
- Hanna lake
- Hazarganji Chiltan National Park
- Bolan Pass
- Chiltan Hill
Hanna Lake, Quetta
Murree is a popular tourist destination in the Rawalpindi district of Punjab. Its scenic beauty and pleasant weather attract tourists from around the world.
Here are some of the popular tourist sites in Murree:
- Mall Road
- Patriata Chair Lift
- Nathia Gali
- Kashmir Point
- Pindi Point
- Ayubia National Park
Nathia Gali, Murree
These are just a few of the many destinations that American visitors can enjoy in Pakistan. No matter where you go, you're sure to have a unique and enriching experience in this wonderful country.
Must-try Food in Pakistan:
Pakistani food is full of flavors and aromas. If you are an American visiting Pakistan, there are a variety of delicious local dishes that you must try. Here are a few of the most popular Pakistani foods that you should definitely try:
- Gulab Jamun
Your Bucket-list for Pakistan:
To enjoy your trip to Pakistan to the fullest, try out these things:
- Experience the local culture by trying local foods, attending cultural festivals and events, and interacting with the locals
- Visit historical sites and museums to learn about the history of Pakistan
- Do some shopping in local markets. Pakistan has many vibrant markets, including the Anarkali Bazaar in Lahore and the Saddar Market in Karachi
- Attend a cricket match
- Do hiking and trekking at Malam Jabba Resort
- Stay with a local family to experience the local culture
- Do Scuba diving on Churna Island
- Go camping in the Katpana Desert